The Shipyard performs works that are in accordance with standards of the major Classification Societies, such as:
- AMERICAN BUREAU OF SHIPPING
- LLOYD’S REGISTER OF SHIPPING
- BUREAU VERITAS
- DET NORSKE VERITAS
- GERMANISHER LLOYD
- NIPON KAIJI KYOKAI
- RUSSIAN REGISTER OF SHIPPING
- R I N A … and others
Lloyd's Register of Shipping and RINA have their permanent representatives in Adriatic Shipyard Bijela. The Shipyard also has a certificate on compliance of standards according to Russian Shipping Register.
Shipyard’s laboratory within Technical Control Department
- possesses valid permits and approvals for ultrasonic measurement of plate thickness of plates and structures from members of IACS (BV, LR, GL, ABS, DNV, NK, RINA and PR) – total of 8 Classification Societies;
- possesses valid permits or approvals for ultrasonic testing of cover watertightness in ship's holds issued by LR;
- employs trained operators and technologists as per EN 473 and ISO 9712 for non-destructive testing methods in variety of accredited institutes and laboratories (Welding Institute, Belgrade, Institute of Nuclear Sciences Vinca, Institute Kirilo Savic; IMS – Belgrade and others).
- welding procedures (total 25) are approved by BV-for various procedures, materials and connections;
- The shipyard employs welders (total 60), certified by BV for a variety of materials, seams and procedures (111, 136, 141, 12, 311, 131).